Last Updated: 26th Oct 2020
1. Personal Data Collection
1.1 When We Collect Personal Data
We collect Personal Data when you:
- Create an account on the Website;
- Make an online purchase from Boxcheck;
- Request customer service or contact us;
- Link an email account or other third-party account to Your Account;
- Submit a review or post any User Content on the Website; or
- Otherwise submit Personal Data to Boxcheck.
The Personal Data we collect may include authentication information (including namely but not exclusively username and encrypted access credentials) of your email accounts, social networking accounts or any other accounts from any third party application or website that you link to your Account, transaction information such as product name and price, contact and payment information, Your name and/or company name, address, phone number, email address and shipping information.
When you ask us to provide services for the benefit of a third party, you shall be legally authorized by said third party to disclose his/her Personal Data to Boxcheck. This authorization shall cover Personal Data including but not limited to the name, address, phone number, email address, credit card and shipping information of the third party.
1.2 Purposes of Processing
Boxcheck processes Personal Data for the following purposes and based on the following legal grounds:
|For the performance of Boxcheck services: Compliance, Shipping, Age Verification, Sales Tax Calculation/Collection, Tracking, Returns Center. This element covers all technical and commercial processes required to carry-out user requests||Processing is necessary to perform a contract with the User, or in order to conclude one|
|To improve the Site, personalize the user experience, and enhance user interactions with the Site||Processing is based on Boxcheck's legitimate interest to conduct its business, improve its product and service offerings, and facilitate communication|
|Promotional communications||Processing is based on your consent|
|For linking various user accounts (i.e. the Boxcheck account with other social media or email accounts) and extracting information for specialized requested service||Processing is necessary to perform a contract with the User, or in order to conclude one, and/or,
Processing is based on your consent
|To provide customer service and ensure the security of our operations||Processing is necessary to perform a contract with the User, or in order to conclude one and/or based on your consent, and, Processing is based on the legal obligation to ensure the confidentiality of processing and Boxcheck's legitimate interest to secure its operations|
To accomplish these purposes, we may combine personal and usage information we collect.
The Personal Data requested with regard to the creation and use of a user account is necessary for the performance of Boxcheck Services and to fulfill your requests. Further Personal Data you provide through linking different user accounts, is done so on a voluntary basis or to meet a request you've formulated.
The Personal Data will be stored for as long as you have an active account and continue to use Boxcheck Services, and for a period of 5 years thereafter, or for the period of the statute of limitation to the extent the Personal Data may have legal effects.
Boxcheck will usually remove your Personal Data generated and/or provided by You within 365 days after the data has been generated or provided.
Additionally, Personal Data you provide in connection with the Boxcheck Services is anonymized and used by Boxcheck for data analysis, for example to evaluate the performance of shipping carriers.
2 Cookies and Web Beacons
We may also use web beacons. Web beacons allow us to understand if a certain page of the Website was visited or if an email was opened or if advertising banners on other websites were effective.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in conjunction with our Website. For more information about disabling flash cookies, see www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Website and you may not be able to access or use some or all areas and functionalities of the Website.
3 How We Use Your Information
Boxcheck uses your Personal Data and usage information to offer and provide our products and services and to support our core business functions. These include order or service fulfillment, customer service, internal business processes, marketing, including contests and sweepstakes, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety and legal functions. Some examples include:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about said requests;
- To send you notifications concerning shipment information;
- To register your account on the Website;
- To administer surveys, contests, sweepstakes and promotions;
- To provide customer service;
- To help us improve and customize the Website;
- To send you information about our products, services, promotions, contests and sweepstakes; and
- To protect the security or integrity of the Website and our business.
Additionally, anonymized data is used to create reports based on data analysis with regards to the Boxcheck Services, for example to determine the fastest carriers or average delivery times.
- Boxcheck will limit its use of Google Data to providing or improving user-facing features that are prominent in the Service’s user interface;
- Google Data will not be used for serving ads, including retargeting, personalized, or interest-based advertising;
- Google Data will not be read by humans, unless:
- Boxcheck has obtained your affirmative agreement for specific messages;
- It is necessary for security purposes (such as investigating a bug or abuse);
- It is necessary to comply with applicable law; or
- Boxcheck’s use is limited to internal operation and the Google Data (including derivations) have been aggregated and anonymized
- Boxcheck use of information received from Google Restricted scopes APIs will adhere to Google's Limited Use requirements.
3 How We Disclose Your Information Outside Boxcheck
BOXCHECK DOES NOT SELL OR RENT YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO ANY THIRD PARTIES WHATSOEVER.
4.1 Service Providers and Vendors
We may transfer or disclose your Personal Data within Boxcheck. Moreover, we may disclose or otherwise make available your Personal Data, including transaction information, to other service providers and vendors for the purpose of managing, providing, and improving Boxcheck services. Examples are shipping companies, vendors, payment companies, credit card processors and other payment service providers such as PayPal, financial institution partners, hosting and maintenance providers, data storage and management providers. Generally, companies that help us to furnish the Boxcheck services and improve our product and service offerings and our Websites.
In so doing, your Personal Data will be transferred to such recipients outside the European Economic Area. In the case of any such transfers, we will use best efforts to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately safeguarded through the implementation of standard data protection clauses according to applicable laws and regulations. For more information on such measures contact privacy@Boxcheck.com.
4.2 Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
Boxcheck may provide your Personal Data in response to a search warrant, subpoena or other legally valid inquiry or order, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
4.3 Business Transfers
We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Boxcheck or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
4.4 Google Data
- Google Data will only be transferred to others if necessary to provide or improve user-facing features that are prominent in the Service’s user interface or as necessary to comply with applicable law or as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets with notice to you;
- Google Data will not be transferred for serving ads, including retargeting, personalized, or interest-based advertising;
5 Your Rights
As data subject you have the following rights:
- To request access to your Personal Data;
- To obtain the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Data;
- To obtain the erasure of Personal Data, under certain conditions;
- To limit the processing activities to which the Personal Data is subject, under certain conditions;
- To receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and have the Personal Data transmitted to another controller, under specific conditions;
- If processing is based on consent, to withdraw consent at any time (although this does not impact the lawfulness of past processing activities);
- To lodge a complaint with the national supervisory authority;
- To the extent any automated decision making would be involved, you have the right not to be subject to a decision (which engenders legal effects) based solely on automated decision making.
You can access, update and/or remove your Personal Data, including contact or account information, by accessing Your Account or by sending us an email at privacy@Boxcheck.com. If your information has been communicated to Boxcheck by a third party, you can either contact said third party directly or click on the appropriate link at the bottom of the notifications in order to unsubscribe to the service. If your information has been communicated to Boxcheck by a third party, and you wish to remove said information, you may send us an email at privacy@Boxcheck.com.
6 How to Unsubscribe to Direct Marketing
We want to communicate with you in the ways that you want to hear from us. If you no longer want to receive marketing messages from us, you can click on the appropriate link at the bottom of our marketing emails. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed.
If you no longer want to receive delivery notifications from us, you can either change your delivery notification triggers by clicking on the appropriate link at the bottom of our delivery notification emails. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed.
7 How We Secure Your Information
Securing your information is important to Boxcheck. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Website, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Website, and you do so at your own risk.
Boxcheck accounts require a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Because the information in your Distribution Lists is so sensitive, account passwords are encrypted, which means we can't see your passwords. We can't resend forgotten passwords either. We'll only reset them.
8 Online Protections
Your account information is protected by the password you use to access your online account. Please keep this password confidential.
9 Privacy of Children Online
We are committed to protecting children's online privacy. In order to protect the privacy of children, Boxcheck does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 18 without prior parental consent. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Data from a child under the age of 18, we will delete such information from our records.
10 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL BOXCHECK BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF BOXCHECK HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF BOXCHECK USE OF THE PERSONAL DATA OF ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDED BY YOU AND/OR YOUR COMPANY. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In some jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitations may not apply.
Links to Other Websites
13 Contact Us
1 What are Cookies?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that this Website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that this Website can recognize you when you revisit and remember certain information about you. This can include which pages you have visited, choices you have made from menus, any specific information you have entered into forms and the time and date of your visit.
2 Types of Cookies
There are two main types of cookies:
- Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that expire at the end of a browser session; that is, when you leave the site. Session cookies allow this Website to recognize you as you navigate between pages during a single browser session and allow you to use this Website most efficiently. For example, session cookies enable a website to remember that a user has placed items in an online shopping basket.
- Persistent cookies: in contrast to session cookies, persistent cookies are stored on your equipment between browsing sessions until expiry or deletion. They therefore enable this Website to "recognise" you on your return remember your preferences and tailor services to you.
In addition to session cookies and persistent cookies, there may be other cookies which are set by this Website which you have chosen to visit, such as this Website, in order to provide us or third parties with information.
We currently use, and may use in the future, the following types of cookies on this Website. We use session cookies to:
- help us maintain security and verify your details whilst you use this Website as you navigate from page to page, which enables you to avoid having to re-enter your details each time you enter a new page.
We use persistent cookies to:
- help us recognize you as a unique user when you return to our Website so that you do not have to input your details multiple times as you move between our pages or services
- remember how you have customized your use of this Website, such as your preferred currency and time zone
- collect and compile anonymous, aggregated information for statistical and evaluation purposes to help us understand how users use this Website and help us improve the structure of our Website.
As with third party cookies, you are able to block third party cookies through your browser settings.
4 Refusing Cookies on this Website